24/07/2019: CIIRC offers tenure-track positions to young and talented academics
The Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics, and Cybernetics (CIIRC) at the Czech Technical University in Prague invites applications for three tenure-track positions at the rank of assistant or associate professor in the areas of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Machine Perception, Computer Vision, Automated Reasoning, Natural Language Processing, Formal Methods, Cybersecurity, Multi-Agent Systems, Planning and Scheduling, Process Control, Production processes, Mechatronics, Intelligent Manufacturing, Manufacturing management, Industry 4.0 and related areas. The positions are established and co-funded by the EU Center of Excellence RICAIP – Research and Innovation Centre on Advanced Industrial Production. A welcome package consisting of EUR 20 000 for travel / consumables / minor equipment is provided to each position. There are eight weeks of vacation and flexible work schedules can be arranged.
Candidates are expected to be, or be on their way to becoming, authorities in their own field of research, to establish their own research groups at CIIRC, and to complement and enrich the existing research programs at the institute.
We expect you to:
- Develop, conduct and supervise high-quality academic research in one of the subject areas;
- Develop and teach courses at graduate levels, and inspire students through teaching and post-graduate supervision;
- Acquire external funding and collaborate with other researchers and specialists in academia or industry;
- Be an inspiring contribution to our staff.
- The Tenure Track system offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path leading to a permanent appointment.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Mathematics, Systems and Control, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
- At least one year of experience as a postdoc/researcher/Assistant Professor, and experience outside the Czech Republic;
- Excellent track record in scientific research, as evident from papers in international and peer-reviewed conferences and/or journals;
- High motivation for implementing your own vision within the research environment CIIRC offers;
- Team player with the ability to clearly communicate and eager to look for and exploit synergies CIIRC andits network provides.
- Experience in acquisition of external funding is an advantage.
- Industry focus is an advantage.Detailed information on positions and how to apply please find here.